Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 13: Philippians 4:2-9

This is  so one of my favorite passages in the Bible: Philippians 4:2-9. As usual, here are a few main points of the passage that I really like.


  • I love how Paul is concerned with specific members of the Church. He asks the brothers and sisters in Christ to help two women who are disagreeing. I mean, if Paul cares for them so much, it makes me wonder how much more God cares for us!
  • Rejoice in the Lord always. Joy. Now, I used to think this meant that "Oh, I have to always be happy no matter what happens to me." However, now I think it means that I can have joy through my sorrow by knowing that God is with me and loves me, so even when I'm sad, I still can have hope. So rejoice! God loves ya!
  • Be gentle. ... God's with you! So remember that even when you're with the EGR people.... haha just kidding. But seriously. Be gentle to others. It actually makes life a lot better.
  • Don't be anxious. Sounds hard, but don't you always feel better whenever you tell a friend your problems? God will always listen to ya. So tell him your problems and requests. And also remember to thank him. Because he's done a lot.
  • My favorite verse of the lot: Philippians 4:7. "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I've heard lots of stories about Christians who have always seemed peaceful no matter what happened to them. I never thought I'd see it until I went to a summer camp recently and saw so many middle schoolers affected by God's love and peace. It happens. But we can also maintain it more often by remembering... God is with us. and He does give peace.
  • Put it into practice. I'm still working on this.... but as James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment